Thursday, January 18, 2018

Can you grow figs Hydroponically?

A couple years I tried to do a hydroponic fig, but I used a cutting that was much too weak with unestablished roots. No surprise it failed miserably.



I kinda gave up on the idea, but more recently Carlo from our fig addiction groups was able to successful grow his Lattarula in a deep water culture setup. And it's been growing amazingly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1063714656990437/search/?query=hydropponic

Inspired by this, I've taken a 2yr old plant, that's dormant, and have setup it up into 5 gallon DWC hydroponic system.

Here's the fig plant after the soil has been washed off.

 

I mixed in my hydroponic solution + Silica blast as recommended and brought the entire setup into the house for warmth to wake up the plant.


I'll update this post as I see progress.


Update: 2/2/18 The fig tree is waking up from dormancy

The video:


1 comment:

  1. Nice. Updates? Get yourself some pure blend pro! Botanicair is top shelf!

    ReplyDelete