Friday, August 9, 2019

My New Pond Project

This year I decided it was time to dig my own Koi pond. I got a few bids and the average price came in around $20K. I was like uhh no I'll pass and decided to do it myself.

I hired my 2 teenage nephews to do most of the digging. While I worked on created the various tiers within the pond. Total labor cost so far. $500.

They'd come over for about 2hrs a week since June to do a few wheel barrows at a time. The work was slow but I'm glad I didn't have to do it all by myself.

This is a the final layout. Deepest point is about 4 feet deep. I have the liner and underlayment coming soon.


Some final touches before the liner goes in.

Carpet underlayment.


Sunset Materials in Renton. Great place for rocks by the ton.



Aquascape Skimmer has a new home



Heere's the preplumbed filter. Settlement tank, 2 evolution ESS pumpe 6800gph, 10K bead filter, and Aqua UV light, 2 waterfall filters and large Aquascape skimmer. (not shown)

My improvised bottom drain

My wife's cousin is an an electrician we hired him to come out to install an out door outlet. He had his younger brother with him. 

Here is the current state of things.





No comments:

Post a Comment