Friday, August 18, 2017

Florea is the earliest fig in the collection

The Florea fig is a winner here in Seattle. So fa, the Brandon Unk fig is the earliest breba but the Florea has got to be earliest main crop fig. It's only mid August and all of the figs are near ripening.

This is a great fig for collectors in areas with short seasons. It's got my endorsement!

It is currently in a 2 gallon pot but I think I'll get this guy in ground. The taste of this fig is quite spectacular as well. I have a link to the tasting scores below.

Tasting Video:

 






2 comments:

  1. First, I wanna say, I've been really stoked to start growing fig trees of my own after watching your videos and reading through your blogs. You're VERY VERY organized with your notes on figs! Thank you SO MUCH! I'm a renton Highlands resident so the fact that you live in Seattle is laser-targetted for the advice I need to grow my own.

    Second, I'm really interested in getting a Florea fig, but the two places I've found online that list them are sold out. Do you have any advice on getting a tree of my own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben recommends on this website a few, but I was just yesterday talking to one of his recommendations and he is about to finish some florea air layers. Here is his info....
    "Off The Beaten Path Nurseries - Bill
    I love working with Bill, super generous guy! Lancaster, PA"

    ReplyDelete