Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Is my Jolly Tiger a capri fig?

This Jolly Tiger a was sold to me as a "Reverted Jolly Tiger" a couple years ago.  This was before I learned that there is no such thing as a reverted JT.  Well the tree never gained back it's variegation



Regardless, this year it fruited and I was a little excited to see how it would taste.



Having a fig critter around I was careful to bring this one into the green house with the doors closed. I checked on it the other day and noticed that the fig was missing. My initial thought was that damn it! I was hit by the fig critter again!



Well it never ripened and dropped. It sort of looks like a male carpifig. There certainly aren't any wasps here in Seattle. Well if anyone from California wants this fig. Please let me. You can have it =).


No comments:

Post a Comment