Tuesday, June 26, 2018

And Winner of 1st ripe Breba of the season goes to...


6/26/18

I was fertilizing the plants when I ran into this little guy. My Tauro fig, less than 2yrs old.


I had him partially shaded and was surprised to see that it had a breba fig that was nearly ripe. Not even the Desert Kings are this close to ripeness. Naturally being the first fig of the season I have to protect it.




It's growing in a self watering pot which is why it looks so strong and healthy.



Check out the leaves on this guy.



The color of the fig is nothing to write home about. It's got a brownish color with green neck.






It should ripen up and a few days I'll be able to do my first review of the season.

Update: 7/3/18

Sadly before I had the chance to taste the Tauro Breba. The ants have found it and made a buffet for themselves. Oh well time for the next one.

At the risk of getting a stomach I did break it open to taste a part of the fig that didn't get touch. And from what I tasted it has a strong figgy taste and slightly melon like. It would have been good to eat.

Sigh...






No comments:

Post a Comment