Friday, August 24, 2018

Fruit on my Unknown 3 Lobe 2018

A few yrs ago I discovered this large tree in Seattle. I took couple cuttings for my own personal use and it has finally produced some fruit after a couple of yrs.



I've been calling it the "3 lobe fig" for years now but after this week I think its some kind of verte / green ischia type fig.





Ripens about 3 weeks later than the Desert King. The skin is quite leathery and the fruit much smaller than the Desert King. 


The size is roughly 22 grams.

The flavor on this fig is really good, very sweet with strong concentrated berry tones. I didn't care for the leathery skin as much. It reminded me much of the verte fig.

 3 lobe unk. (Verte?) Breba (8/23/18) - 2yr old plant
Taste: 7.5
Sweetness: 8
Size: 3 (22 grams)
Productivity: 1
Total = 19.5

No comments:

Post a Comment