Thursday, August 30, 2018

Jujube's my new obsession

I'm at about 300 fig varieties and counting. I'm sure I'll add a few more along the way. However after picking up the Massandra Jujube from Restoring Eden and a couple of grafted ones through the forum. I have a new appreciation for this fruit.

They have a crunch like and apple and when they dry it tastes a little like a date. The sweetness is by builds after every chew.

So far I only have the following:

Li,


Lang,


Massandra - So Far this variety is the earliest and very productive.


And a couple of unknowns but I think it's time to get a few more. I need to dump a couple of apple and asian pear trees to make space but it should be worth it.

Here's a list of known varieties. I may just be adding a few more from this list in the years to come.

Autumn Beauty
Abbeyville
Black Sea
Coco
Chico
Contorted
GA-866
Honey Jar
Mango Dong Zho
Shanxi Li
Sihong
So
Sugar Cane
Ta Jan
Tsao
Tigertooth
Sherwood
Sui Men
Winter Delight



No comments:

Post a Comment