Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Tasting the Bourjasotte Grise Fig 2018

Tasting the Bourjasotte Grise Fig 2018
Picked 9/29/18
1 Crop

I've had 3 figs off of this tree. I think that the tree is a bit young and doesn't have the energy to produce consistently good figs. 2 were soft and somewhat dry and 2 were good and were a bit juicier. From what I've seen, a good bourjasotte fig should be juicy, flavorful and quite sweet.

It's a berry jam flavored fig.


It's certainly an attractive fig with colors like the CDD Grise and smith.

I'm also happy to get it to ripen naturally here in Seattle.  

30.1 grams 





Overall I think this fig has a lot of potential here. It's been a bit inconsistent. And has been known to abort figs in other areas. However if your lucky enough to get a good fig off of this tree. The flavor, sweetness and richness would put it on to some top 10 list. 

This is still in trial for me and I can't wait to see how it will do as it gets more established. 



Main
Taste: 8
Sweetness: 7.5
Size: 4 (30 grams)
Productivity: 3
Total = 22.5



2 comments: