Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Tasting the Hmari fig 2018

Tasting the Hmari fig 2018
Picked 10/02/18
1 Crop

2017

This will be the last review on this fig.

After 2 consistent years from this fig. It's flavor has proven to be consistent enough to stay in my collection.

It's also usually a very interesting looking fig when ripened in drier conditions. However because of the rains, it has made the skin real soft and delicate.


35.8 grams


Hmari fig originated from Israel and not from Bass. 

The flavor of this fig is like honey jam. It tasted better last year. The rains this year has watered it down some. With that being said it's sweetness is still very apparently. This is a great fig. Not highly productive but I'm ok with that. It's rich sweet taste and unique ball shape keeps it in my collection. 

Yesterday while I was standing in front of my buffet of figs, I had a sense of dread. Like how the heck am I going to be able to eat all of these? Every year the trees get larger and produce more figs. I guess I will become really good at sharing. Or get rid of some varieties. Realistically I want to narrow it down to about 50 really good figs here. 

I will graft or sell off the rest. 



Hmari (10/02/18)
Main crop
Taste: 8
Sweetness: 7.5
Size: 4 (35.8 grams)
Productivity: 2
Total = 21


1 comment:

  1. Ben, could you please me know where you got the Hmari fig cutting. I have searched forms and sites but have not found any. I need to buy a plant/cutting. Please advice :(

    ReplyDelete