Sunday, October 14, 2018

Tasting the Deos Negra Fig 2018

Tasting the Deos Negra Fig 2018
Picked 10/14/18
1 crop

The "Black God Fig"

2017 post 



I got this tree in 2017 and I'm very pleased to see ripe fruit from it within a year. What allured me was the beautiful shape, color and size.


My fruit isn't nearly the size of Nikki's but it does have the attractive tear droplet shape.

 




54.9 grams

This fig is a honey berry fig. I think it's a good tasting fig but not as good as let's say a Vincenzo or Kathleen's Black. It just lacked that punch to set it apart from other figs. Perhaps this will change as it matures. 

The skin is not that pleasant to eat, it's semi tough. I've been eating so many good figs that the flavor of this fig just sits slightly above average. 

I like it though because of it's unique shape and potentially size. It's borderline late and will probably require a greenhouse to ripen properly.




Deos Negra (10/14/18) 
Main crop
Taste: 8
Sweetness: 7
Size: 6 (54.9 grams)
Productivity: 4
Total = 25


No comments:

Post a Comment