Monday, July 10, 2017

Tasting Video Review of the Brandon Unknown Fig

The Brandon Unknown Fig is a great little fig. Initially I thought it looked like a celeste fig but after getting fruit from my own tree now I'm not so sure.





It could possibly related to the English Brown turkey or Bronze paradiso but it's smaller than both. So I'm not so sure.






I've been calling it the Brandon Unk Fig based on where it was discovered but I hope to figure out it's true name. The breba has a beautiful Bronzy and yellow color. And ripens early. Way before DK here. It also ripens it's main crop reliable in Seattle. The taste is a sweet syrupy raspberry and strawberry mix with a slight crunch from the seeds. The sugar content is perfect in my opinion when perfectly it reaches it's bronze color. Its very good and I plan to put a few of these in ground here.




What do you think it is?


Brandon Unknown: Breba (7/8/17)
Taste: 8
Sweetness: 7
Size: 3 (28.8grams)
Productivity: .33
Total =  18.33


No comments:

Post a Comment