Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Don't waste your aquarium water

I used to be a aquarium hobbyist before I got into gardening. I stopped the Aquarium business but the reality is Planted Aquariums are just gardening in a smaller space and well underwater.

This was a tank I maintained a few years back. It's called a Dutch style planted tank. And yes every plant in there is alive and real.


I used to do water changes once a week and dump the water into the lawn. What a waste! Now that I think about it I added all sort of goodies into the water that would have made this liquid gold for any plant in your garden, 

Here's the list of fertilizers I used:

Mon Flourish
Excel
Iron
Phosphorus
Nitrogen
Tue Trace
Excel
Iron
Wed Potassium
Excel
Iron
Thur Trace
Excel
Iron
Phosphorus
Nitrogen
Fri Potassium
Excel
Iron
Sat Flourish
Excel
Iron
Sun WC - MG

I also pumped the tank with CO2 add that with the fish poop and you can probably bottle this thing up and sell it for some serious $$$ lol. 

Another benefit of having an aquarium would be that it raises your humidity in the room you keep it in. Your plants will love the extra humidity in the winter months when the humidity levels are at its lowest in your home. 

So reuse your water changes and make your plants happy with fish poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment