Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Growing the Pakistani Mulberry 2017 2nd year in ground in Seattle

This is the 2nd yr that my Pakistani Mulberry has been growing in ground and it's doing amazing. What a super productive tree! It's mid May and the tree has already flushed out a ton of new fruits. If you are in the Pacific Northwest and want to grow on of the tastiest pest resistance fruit trees that you cannot find in the grocery store this is it!!

I've been trying to air layer this thing for 2 years but it's proving to be harder than I thought. I might have to use some clonex.





I was about to abandon the air layer, but when I unraveled it. I noticed that the area where I made some scars on the bark appear be root initials. Well I sprinkled some root hormone into the area added more soil and now I'm hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment