Friday, July 20, 2018

Taste review of the Oxford Fig Breba 7-19-18

Taste review of the Oxford Fig Breba 7-19-18

I received this tree from my friend Bill last year. It's got beautiful leaves and has shown to be quite productive.

I was happy to see it full of brebas in the greenhouse.


The only problem is it started to split one by one. This is very reminiscent of a fig I have called Dan's favorite fig from Raintree. Which I believe is actually just a Brunswick.


The leaves have the long finger like lobes, which are quite ornamental.


The fig itself has a nice brown and yellow color if it makes it to the ripen stage without splitting that is.




67 grams


I had already lost 3 figs on this tree due to splitting. So in haste I picked this guy which was starting to do the same. So it by far was not ready in terms of ripeness.

As far as taste, it was a bit watery and very mild. Honey dew tones and low on sweetness. I'm sure if given the chance to ripen without splitting it would be a great tasting fig.


Oxford Fig (7/19/18) 2yr old plant (Greenhouse ripened, aka Brunswick)
Breba
Taste: 5.5
Sweetness: 5
Size: 7 (67 grams)
Productivity: 4
Total =  21.5

No comments:

Post a Comment