Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Wood Chips!

Wood Chips are great! It's a win win situation for everyone involved. The person who has the tree cut down is happier to get their view back or a dangerous tree removed. The tree removal guy makes money from the service and doesn't have to pay a dumb fee and lastly the person accepting the wood chips ie "me" gets free wood chips! And of course the garden and soil benefits greatly from getting the decomposing wood chips.

Lucky for me I had a buddy that remember that I wanted some wood chips. It just so happened that his neighbor just had a tree removed last week. And instead of dumping it he asked if I wanted it. Of course I said yes! That's just the universe listening to my wishes. =) So he drops of a trailer full on my drive way. 

With help from my highschool nephew it took about 3hrs to move about 6 yards of wood chips around my garden beds. I first lined the area with cardboard. I did not want to use weed blocker because I eventually wanted the card board to decompose into the ground and eventually plant in the area. My lower back is still sore from moving and hauling the material but I'm happy with the results.







No comments:

Post a Comment