Thursday, July 21, 2016

Can you root Green Fig Cuttings? Last Update - 7 weeks Later

Green Fig Cutting update: Final update.

So the green cutting did not make it. It rotted. I was very careful about the amount of moisture I added to the mix so it wasn't from excessive moisture. At the end of this experiment, I can say that the chances of rooting a green cutting are very slim.

Unless you have a very rare variety I wouldn't bother wasting resources in trying to root them.

However, I'm sure with perfect conditions , it may be possible. However, I have yet to discover the perfect recipe. I think that if the there was a bit of lignified woodnear the bottom, it would make it possible to root a semi green cutting.  I have been able to root cuttings with a green top and brown bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment