Monday, July 25, 2016

Review of Target's Self Watering Pot

Target's self watering pot.


So I'm kinda diggin these Misco Self Watering Pots from Target. I don't know about their durability through the years yet but I do know that they are a cheap and better looking alternative to the 5 gallon DIY self water pots.

 I really like the 15" containers that sell for only $9.99. In my mind that's pretty comparable price to a DIY solution but it looks so much better. I also love the fact that I can get a lighter color that helps with overheating problems from the summer.

Dimensions: 12.500 H x 15.000 W x 15.000 D

Let's compare shall we?

DIY 5 Gallon Misco 15" SW
Buckets x2 $7 $9.99
PVC $2
Mesh Basket $1
Labor $$$ $0
Total $10 $9.99 

The DIY version isn't so cheap anymore when you break it down to it's individual costs.

The results:
The figs plants that are in these pots have put on some explosive growth in the last 3 months. Some have grown about 3 feet and the trunk sizes on some of them have increased noticeably.

What I like about them is that they are easy to fill from the open gap and I can easily add a pinch of water soluble fertilizer every week to the reservoir. Which makes feeding a cinch.








1 comment: