Monday, July 31, 2017

Collecting the Rare Fig Varieties

Sometimes when you get your fig collection to a certain size you have to look far and beyond what nurseries have to get the more rare varieties. I was lucky enough to befriend some rare collectors and have acquired some of these cuttings.



Don't they look glorious? Hopefully they will do well and root for me. And I'll be able to share with you folks.

Deos Negra
























Mutante


















Marrakech
























Dolce Caldarai

Biffaro Zeus




Verdal Negra


Malcara Alaca

Porporato


Balkanlarin Grisi



Giant Croatian

Cul D'asse



Dei Nebrodi


Type 208


Update: 7/30/17
I've been using HP promix with added perlite and it has been working great to roots figs in. I'll probably stick with this method moving forward.



2 comments: