Tuesday, November 27, 2018

A new Toy to brighten up the winter blues

Winter is around the corner and I'll be bored or playing with rocks. I guess it doesn't have to be that way. So I bought a light to keep summer with me through the winter. Well it'll be summer atleast in a 4ftx2ftx5.8ft space.

After speaking Ram and a reading a few posts on Ourfigs about grow lights as well as my success at ripening hydroponic figs by a south window I decided to sink some money into a grow light, tent, and couple accessories associated with it.


315W/630W CMH CDM 120/240V Grow Light Kit W/3100K/4200k Bulb & 120V PLUG




Mars Hydro Indoor Grow Tent Hydroponic 100% Reflective Mylar Non Toxic Room Box
48x24x70 inches



Update: 11/19/18

After dropping all of their fall leaves, all of the plants in the grow tent have been pushed out their new leaves. The light maybe a tad to strong in some spots because the leaves of my martinenca rimada are getting a bit burnt.

The ground cherries are loving it and have pushed out a ton of new pods. 

Video:



2 comments:

  1. Great set up Ben. I have a similar set up with LEDs. Will you be making a video
    about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWEsome Ben! What brand of light kit did you get.

    ReplyDelete