Monday, November 19, 2018

Tasting the Cali Candy Fig 2018 from Brian Melton

The "Cali Candy Fig"

I have to admit that this is the 1st time I've been shipped ripped figs. Thanks to Brian Melton for sending these to me.

I definitely cannot match this up with any other figs that I have or seen or read of. It seems to be a new fig to me. Brian is naming this one "Cali Candy". A fitting name but be careful when you google it there's a lot of strippers going by the same name.


It's a relatively small fig probably weighing under 15 grams. However small it packs quite the favor punch.


Let's talk about the flavors on this guy. At first glance it did not appear to be nothing too out of the ordinary. However the first bite was extraordinary.


My taste buds were hit with flavors not usually found in a fig. I couldn't exact put my finger on it at first but then realized that it had hints of all the following:

1. Golden Raisins
2. Honey
3. Dried dates
4. Pickled Plums - the kind you find in asian grocery stores


I have to admit I'm excited for this fig if I can get a cutting from Brian. I'd like to see whether not it's common or Cali only fig.


Cali Candy
Such a unique and complex flavor for a fig
Taste: 9.5
Sweetness: 9
Size: 2 (13 grams)
Productivity: ?
Total =


No comments:

Post a Comment