Monday, November 19, 2018

How to Maximize your success with Rare Fig Cuttings

Sometimes we have to a break the bank to get a certain variety. So it may be a good idea to try and maximize your chances of success!

If you get a long enough cutting use the combination of grafting and the fig pop method to improve your chances of success!

Below I have some extra 1 gallon figs that have been neglected for the most part. However they have well developed root systems and have survived the Seattle winters outdoors so I know they will hole up well here.


Basically. I cut off one node from the bottom of the cutting for grafting. I prefer the cleft graft because it provides the most support for the weight of a new branch.




You can also try chip cud grafts which may also work pretty well.





And with the reaming piece I use the fig pop to root it.


Check out the video for more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment