Thursday, July 26, 2018

It's about to get Golden this year

Last year my poor Golden Riverside had no fruit. It was a victim of garage storage. I have windows in my garage and the little bit of light caused leggy growth which ruined fruit production. Luckily my brother's plant had figs. This year I took this fig out of the grenhouse in May and have been giving it a regular fertilization schedule and water.

It's happy and pushing out a good amount of figs. This picture is from 7/25/18. It should ripen in plenty of time.

**I have a ton of requests for this fig. Unfortunately, I sold off a couple of cuttings on Ebay. The winner informed me that they rooted fine but died upon up pot.

I also managed to root 3 cuttings but killed 2 when I went on vacation. It's still very scarce and I plan on growing out this one plant so that I have a back up for the next yr.


Learn more about it here

No comments:

Post a Comment