Friday, July 20, 2018

Taste review of the Lampeira Preta Fig Breba 7-19-18

Taste review of the Lampeira Preta Fig Breba 7-19-18

My friend Slavi gave me the Lampeira Preta and said it was by far one of the best brebas for the PNW. I like him and respect his opinion on figs.


So I was happy to see that I had one breba come to ripeness this year.  It's been over 2 yrs of waiting for this little guy to bare fruit. And boy was it worth the wait.


There was bit of damage, probably from a curious bird. Luckily it was a only skin deep and didn't spoil the interior.


There were several leaf shapes but it also had a one lobe much like the Black Madeira.



Weighed in at 48 grams.


How do I describe this fig? It was sweet but packed a nice flavor punch. I would describe it as a caramel strawberry. I thought the Vincenzo was a good but this one took the win for the day.

I share all of my figs with wife and kids. Especially Nolan, he loves figs and can't wait to eat them. He's only 2 but knows not to pick unripe figs. It's like he knows better. =) This fig was so good and the fact there was a only one made me almost eat the entire thing myself. Almost...

How can you deny this face?





Lampeira Preta Fig (7/19/18) 3yr old plant 
Breba
Taste: 8.5
Sweetness: 7.5
Size: 5 (48 grams)
Productivity: .3
Total =  21.3

No comments:

Post a Comment