Friday, July 20, 2018

Taste review of the Vincenzo Fig Breba 7-19-18

Taste review of the Vincenzo Fig Breba 7-19-18

2017 Breba

Man oh man is this fig impressive! I had 4 different varieties of ripe brebas to feast from on 7/19 and after eating the Brunswick and the Desert King, the flavor explosion from the Vincenzo fig is out of this world.

Now to a new fig eater, they may all taste similar but I've developed a sommelier's pallet for figs over the years. To me the Vincenzo Breba just ranks so incredibly high in terms of taste and flavor.





Not to be confused by San Vincenzo fig, this one is named after someone's grandson. I believe it's synonyms are palermo and aldo figs.


The taste is one thing I love of the Vincenzo but the color and shape is also a work of art. A rich burgundy color that completely coats the exterior of the skin. It's also an apatite for the eye. 




Weighs in at a respectable 50 Grams


I believe if I waited 1 more day, this fig would've been at the perfect ripeness! That's why it impresses me even more to know that it still tastes amazing even when not fully ripened.




Vincenzo Fig (7/19/18) 2.5yr old plant
Breba
Taste: 8
Sweetness: 7.5
Size: 6 (51 grams)
Productivity: 2.5
Total =  24 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review Ben. Where can i buy a cutting or the plant from. I cant find it anywhere. Same is the case with Hmari

    ReplyDelete