Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Apples Apples Aples

Apples.

As a Washingtonian we live in prime real estate for some of the best apples in the country. So of course I have to have at least half a dozen varieties in my yard.

My Trees consists of:
1. Rubinette - Offspring of a great orange cox pippin
2. Akane - Great tasting apple for the NW
3. Spartan - In blind taste test the Spartan beat out 40 other apples
4. Beni Shogun - Related to the fuji but rippens early enough for the NW weather
5. Columnal Sentinel - I bought this guy for the novelty of a single stalk tree. I have since grafted 2 other varieties on it to see if it will take.

*Grafted Honey Crisp and Macoun.

All of my trees were purchased bare root. I planted them with a mix of compost, manure, bone meal, and Micorrhizae to give it an extra boost.

My beautiful rubinette Apple tree.


Column Apple.
Last year I got 2 apples from this tree. They were not fully ripe but conveniently fell off the tree when my mom came over to visit in September. 



Go to this link if you want reviews on Apple varieties, it's taste and other neat info.
APPLE REVIEWS

My row of Fruit trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment