Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Growing the Che Fruit in Seattle

This is my 2yr old Che Fruit from Ediblelandscaping.com. It's a cold hardy fruit that does not need protection here in Seattle. I left mine out doors for the winter and they survived just fine. It' suppose to be self fertile and in it's 2nd year it is already pushing out fruit but from what I've read, the fruit will probably fall off before they ripen. It takes a few years before the tree becomes fertile enough to develop mature fruit.

I cannot wait.





Edible Landscape's Mother plant

2 comments:

  1. Ben, Any updates on your Che? Have you been able to get any ripe fruit? I have one in Arlington, Wa but have not planted it yet. Considering trying to either find a hot micro-climate or container growing in the greenhouse but that is not my preference. Any advise would be appreciated.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it doesnt fruit this year I'm moving it the corner of the yard. So far nothing. It's just taking up prime real estate in the yard.

      Delete