Monday, June 29, 2015

Desert King - From an old local tree in Seattle

My brother and I received a generous amount of Desert King cuttings from a local tree in Seattle. The owner did not eat them sadly and said have at it.



This is a very large and prolific tree.The fruits were all very large and every branch had atleast 20+ figs on them.


We processed these branches into manageable cuttings and oh boy I did not expect to pot up this much. Over 90 new cuttings going into the bin to be rooted.

Does anyone want any figs. LOL.

6 comments:

  1. From the cutting that rooted. Is it possible for me to get cutting from those tree? I'd like to try growing figs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great site - I'd love to try a few figs as well. Do you sell/give away any of the rooted cuttings? I'm down in the Portland area

      Delete
    2. Thanks Eric, yes I do sell pre-rooted cuttings for basically cost in the fig shop.

      Delete
  2. Where do fig trees grow? What zone? Ever cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Figs can grow in any zone, 6 and colder you have to give it winter protection. In Seattle most will handle our winters.

    ReplyDelete