Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Fig Hunting in Seattle

I had spotted this giant fig tree in Seattle a couple years back. I'm sorry I didn't snap a photo of it because it was just huge! I spoke to the owner and she said that it has been around for at least 40yrs. She mentioned I was free to take cuttings but at the time I wasn't interested in figs. Last week I happened to drive by the tree again and it was just loaded with figs. So regressing on my prior invitation I snapped off single branch off the tree.



The figs, although not ripe were ginormous! What a prolific tree. Definitely worth a cutting to grow in my own yard. The variety is most likely a desert king.

I hated to waste such delicious fruit but the tree probably was loaded with hundreds of pounds on it.



1 comment:

  1. Where about is this tree? Is this the same one as the one in your cuttings video? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete