Sunday, June 21, 2015

Fig Grafting










I love the idea of getting multiple fruits off of one tree. So when I learned about grafting I had to do it. There are a couple of essential tools you need though. A sharp grafting knife and parafilm. All of which can be purchased off of Amazon.

I've tried grafting my apple trees but none of them took. I've also grafted some willow shrubs and I was 1 for 9. So my success rate hasn't been great. I kind of expect this to fail as well considering my track record but you can't win if you don't play.

Here's a video of my graft attempt. I took an alma cutting and grafted it onto my brown turkey. I believe the #1 reason for failures is moisture. So instead of leavign hte new graft to fend for itself in the summer heat I wrapped it loosely in saran wrap. I hope it works it would be fun to see the results.




No comments:

Post a Comment