Friday, September 21, 2018

Tasting the Socorro Black Fig 2018

Socorro Black Fig
Picked 9/19/18
1 crop

This is one sexy fig! And oh so productive! It' a 2yr old tree in the Misco pot.


Look how loaded it is! 10 figs on one little branch!


The shape of it is reminiscent of a preto.








I was thoroughly surprised when I cut into the fig.The color is much like a the de la gloria or a col de dame type.



I really enjoyed this fig. The berry taste was delicious and sweetness was perfect. If the black madeira was Usain Bolt. The Socorro Black would be a the bronze medalist.

I love it's productivity, beautiful color and its ability to ripen in September. This will make my top 10.


44grams



Socorro Black (9/19/18)
Main
Taste: 9
Sweetness: 8
Size: 5 (44 grams)
Productivity: 10
Total = 33


No comments:

Post a Comment