Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Wills Yellow - Black Ischia Fig

Back in 2015 I bought a what I thought was a Black Ischia from Willis. This is the 1st year It's fruited.



Well to my surprise. The fruit was YELLOW! I contacted Willis and he pointed me to a post that was made in 2016 about the mistake. I've reached out to him and he's willing to fix the mistake and feels bad that I had to invest 3 yrs to find out about the error. He's a good seller and this post is not meant to damage his reputation. I post all of my fig experiences on here good and bad fairly.



https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-home/109763-unk-fmv-free-biack-ischia

I'm not mad about the incident but I has caused a ripple affect.

Anyhow I did get 2 yellow figs from it.




The flavor reminds me of an intensely sweet White Marseilles. It was actually pretty good and really sweet because I had let them sit on the tree too long. It's a honey flavored fig. 

Wills wants to call it "Unk yellow BI "

Wills Unk Yellow Black Ischia (9/1/18)
Taste: 7.5
Sweetness: 8 
Size: 3 (22 grams)
Productivity: .5
Total = 19

No comments:

Post a Comment