Thursday, September 6, 2018

Tasting the Florea Main Crop 2018

I had a decent score for the Florea last year. I think it scored an 8. This year it has not been as good. Maybe because I ate the 2017 fig in mid August last year vs in September. My reviews get a bit tougher after eating so many figs. Usually by September the figs have to be amazing to get an 8.

Picked 9/5/18
1 Crop

2017 Post


So I made a mistake last year Florea is a single crop Fig. After reviewing the photos from 2017 all of the figs were growing on new wood.


The fruit this year grew in thick grape like clusters and again it was very productive.


This year it had a round  appearance vs elongated. I don't know if that affected the flavor a bit or if I've been over watering it.



The taste was not as sweet or good as last year. I could be getting tougher on my scores but I was a little disappointed. This barley hit the the average for me this year. I do love it's productivity and reliability.


Weighed in at 23.6 grams

Florea (9/5/18)
Main Crop
Taste: 6.5
Sweetness: 6
Size: 3 (23.6grams)
Productivity: 5
Total =  20.5


No comments:

Post a Comment