Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Tasting the Zingarella Fig 2018

I got my Zingarella as a cutting on Ebay January 2016 from grow.gr55. These were picked on 9/3/18.

2017 post




As you can see it's a decently productive tree and all of the figs seem to be ripening at the same time.


The skin of the fig is a mix of green purple and maroon hues. The texture has a velvety feel and the the sunlight it looks somewhat blue.


26 Grams. Not a big fig by any means and is quite bite size. 

Beautiful red pulp that has a strawberry jam flavor. It's not intensely sweet or rich. Quite average in my book. I do like it's productivity. But everything else hits the mark for an average fig. I would categorize this as a chicago hardy type fig. But it's a quite a bit earlier than my in ground Chicago hardy.





Zingarella (9/03/18) - 3yr old plant
Taste: 7
Sweetness: 6.5
Size: 3 (26 grams)
Productivity: 4
Total = 20.5



No comments:

Post a Comment