Monday, October 22, 2018

Tasting the Abebereira Preta Fig 2018

Tasting the Abebereira Preta Fig 2018 aka bebera preta
Picked 10/20/18 2018
1 Crop

This is a common fig from Madeira island. It reminds me of a Mission in shape. It's supposed to be cold hardy. This is the 1st year it's fruited for me. A bit of a late season fig. I found this guy on the ground of my greenhouse. So I assumed it had ripened or aborted. Or I was a little clumsy and knocked it over. Which has happened before.


Here it is in comparison to the Deos Negra.

The leaf shape.

Tight eye


I also picked another Bordisott Negra and Col De Dame Blanc that day. The CDD Blanc was spectacular this time around! the Bordisott was worse.
 

25 Grams,

Bordisott Negra, bebera preta and Col De Dame Blanc

This fig must have been aborted because it was quite dry when I cut it open. It's almost not worth reviewing, but I'm putting one up for the sake of reference. It was dry and unpleasant. I'll update this review if I can get a better fig off of this tree. It's doubtful for this year since it's been getting quite cold here. 

Abeberaira Preta (10/20/18) Might not have properly ripened
Main crop
Taste: 4
Sweetness: 4
Size: 3 (25 grams)
Productivity: .5
Total = 11.5

No comments:

Post a Comment