Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tasting the LSU O'Rourke Fig 2018

Tasting the LSU O'Rourke Fig 2018
Picked 10/15/18
1 Crop

2017 Post
More info on the LSU O'Rourke


The LSU O'Rourke Fig has been disappointing to me. There's just something about this fig that just never wants to give me a fully ripened fig. It's always under ripe no matter if I pick it in September or October.

It's been a very finnicky fig for me for some reason.



 

It's a small fig at 13.1 grams, that has a celeste like shape. 




I want to like this fig very badly but it just doesn't seem to like me for some reason. So far it's been average in taste and poor in productivity.

I'll give it another year and if it doesn't cooperate. I'll use it as root stock.



Main
Taste: 7
Sweetness: 7
Size: 2 (13.1 Grams)
Productivity: 1
Total = 13


No comments:

Post a Comment