Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tasting the Col De Dame Noir 2018

Tasting the Col De Dame Noir 2018
Picked 10/15/18
1 Crop

Oh boy is this fig a winner! I'm actually quite happy to have been able to taste so many new varieties this season. I didn't expect it but actually getting any Col De Dame to ripen without external heat or lights was not something I had dreamed of.


Col De Dame Noir on 10/12/18

Col De Dame Noir on 10/15/18

On this day I tasted 5 new figs.


I love the striping on this fig. It was not a characteristic of the CDD Noir that I've seen. It's quite alluring.

 


52.5 Grams

When I cut into this fig the deep red color of the pulp was mind blowing. It's pretty typical of the Col De Dame line.


This berry fig was so flavorful, perfectly balanced sweetness and so very rich. The taste just lingers on the tongue. It has a raspberry jam note that is very distinctive.


I whole heartedly recommend this fig even if it means waking it up early and shuffling it. It's ideal for greenhouses here in the PNW. It ranks right up there with the black madeira.

This one makes it to the top 10 list hands down.


Col De Dame Noir (10/15/18) 
Main crop
Taste: 9.5
Sweetness: 8.5
Size: 6 (52.5 grams)
Productivity: 4
Total = 27


No comments:

Post a Comment