Friday, October 5, 2018

Tasting Cordi Stella Main Crop? 2018

Tasting Cordi Stella Main Crop? 2018
Picked 10/04/18



I got this fig from Burnt Ridge Nursery back in 2015. Cordi Stella is suppose to look more like Vasilika Sika and Dalmatie. Which has a green elongated shape and red pulp.



This fig is certainly not that. I actually have not been able to get a ripe dalmatie ever. So that alone might be enough of an indicator to say that this fig is probably a different variety.


If anyone at Burnt Ridge Nursery is reading this maybe send me a correct one? =)

My guess is this could be white ischia?



Regardless. I find this fig to be very alluring and beautiful. The skin reminds me of a very typical green fig but the the ruby red highlights in the pulp are gorgeous.  The photos do not do it justice.


I think for now I'll just call this guy Green Ruby Unk. until it is identified. It has a very pleasant taste sort of a light melon berry. I actually liked it. Soft tender skin and average sweetness. I can probably eat a ton of these in one sitting because it's not too sweet.

I'll keep it around to see what it does in the following years.


34.4 Grams


I had 3 figs on 10/04/18.
Jin Ao  Fen that tasted like a Genovese Nero, GE Neri and the Cordi Stella NOT.


This fig looks more like the Braçajote Branco

http://figs4funforum.arghchive.com/post/bra_-_ajote-branco-7041567


Main crop
Taste: 7
Sweetness: 7
Size: 4 (34.5 grams)
Productivity: 3
Total = 21


2 comments: