Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tasting the Bordissot Negra fig 2018

Tasting the Bordissot Negra fig 2018
picked 10/15/18
1 Crop

By all accounts this fig is supposed to be a winner. I may have been a bit premature in picking this one. It was not as sweet as I had hoped.




 


 55.8 Grams

The Bordissot Negra is a mid sized black fig that is berry flavored. This fig requires a greenhouse or an early start to get a ripe fig before it starts to frost here in Seattle. It's definitely not an in ground candidate.

I thought the fig was good but not overly great but that may be because I picked this guy a bit too early. The first bite was good but it lacked the sweetness, and flavor punch that I was hoping for.

I'll let the next fig go super limp on the tree before I taste this again.





Bordissot Negra (10/15/18) 
Main crop
Taste: 7
Sweetness: 6.5
Size: 6 ( 55.8 grams)
Productivity: 3
Total = 22.5


No comments:

Post a Comment