Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tasting the Antonio Black Fig 2018

Tasting the Antonio Black Fig 2018
Picked 10/15/18
1 Crop

I was fully expecting this fig to fall into the black and berry list. But it was actually very good and stands out from all the Mt Etna Chicago Hardy types.


I had this fig in one of my home made airpots at the beginning of the season. That set the fig back a bit until I re-potted it into a regular 5gallon pot. There was very little new growth this year but it still managed to produce some figs.  I do believe that for a small fig this size, it should be ripening in September and not October.

At first sight it looks like a pretty plain dark and small fig. Most of the October figs have been below expectations so far, except for a few figs, including the Antonio Black.



 



23.9 Grams


This little guy was surprisingly good. It was sweet, flavorful, and very rich. I've had a lot of small and berry types this season and this honey berry fig was a standout among the rest. It's a keeper for sure.



Antonio Black (10/15/18) 
Main crop
Taste: 8.5
Sweetness: 8.5
Size: 3 (23.9 grams)
Productivity: 4
Total = 2


No comments:

Post a Comment