Thursday, October 11, 2018

Tasting the Sugar 12 Fig 2018

Tasting the Sugar 12 Fig 2018
Picked 10/11/18
1 Crop

2017 post

When I picked this I thought it was a verns brown turkey because I had lost the tag on this. However luckily I was on the European fig forum and I saw that Vinny's Sugar 12 was ripened at the same time.








35 grams




The Sugar 12 is a honey flavored fig that has just a little bit more punch than the Vern's Brown Turkey. It has a similar look and taste to Osborne Prolific and VBT. There's enough more flavor to say that this taste better than VBT.

It's suppose to do well in the coastal cool climate. So this may have place on my collection if it proves to be better and more productive than VBT next year.. 

Sugar 12 (10/11/18) 
Main crop
Taste: 7.5
Sweetness: 7
Size: 4 (35 grams)
Productivity: .5
Total = 20

No comments:

Post a Comment