Friday, October 5, 2018

Tasting what I thought was a Jin Ao Fen Fig 2018

Tasting what I thought was a Jin Ao Fen Fig 2018
Picked 10/04/18


So this was sent to me as a Jin Ao Fen, which is supposed to be a large chinese yellow fig. Clearly it is not that. Not even close. Maybe it's one of those GM### figs.


In most cases I always get the short end of the stick on wrong figs sold or sent to me. However in this instance I think I may have benefited from this mistake.



58.5 grams

This fig was actually very good. Sweet, rich berry jam and juicy. Reminds me alot of the Genovese Nero. However, it's leaves do not resemble the Gen. Nero.

It's only on it's 2nd yr and has time to get more established and more productive. But so far I like what I've tasted.  It's spent all summer in the greenhouse which is why the skin has that delicate appearance.

This was by far the best fig I've tasted that day. I will keep it around for further evaluation.


Main crop
Taste: 8.5
Sweetness: 8
Size: 6 (58.5 grams)
Productivity: 1
Total = 23.5


No comments:

Post a Comment