Monday, October 29, 2018

Tasting the Tauro Main Crop Fig 2018

Tasting the Tauro Main Crop Fig 2018
Picked 10/21/18
2 Crops

2018 Breba





I think I rushed to pick this fig. Luckily there's still a couple more on the tree that I'll let ripen.


This fig has a really early breba. So it might be a candidate for in ground.






66.5 Grams

I258, White Madeira, and Tauro


This fig was clearly unripened when I picked it. I definitely should have waited another few days to pick it. However, I can't help but to taste and review all new varieties.

It was actually semi sweet and decent for an unripe fig.  The score below reflects this fig in the photo. I did manage to taste a much better fig that ripened in an update review.



Tauro (10/21/18) 
Main crop
Taste: 6
Sweetness: 6
Size: 7 (66.5 grams)
Productivity: 4
Total = 23

Updated Review

 


This Tauro main crop picked a week later than the one above was a good fig.  Nice firm skin and sweet. I gobbled up the entire fig. It's not a top 10 fig for taste but what I like about it is it's a 2 crop fig with and early breba and a large main crop that will ripen here. (greenhouse advised). 




Tauro (10/28/18) Updated properly ripe fig
Main crop
Taste: 7.5
Sweetness: 7
Size: 7 (66.5 grams)
Productivity: 4
Total = 25.5




No comments:

Post a Comment